People tend to assume that a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) works on Speech and Language, and only Speech and Language. We are able to work on so much more! Your Blue Heron Speech SLP is able to provide treatment in the following areas:
- Articulation – speech sounds
- Apraxia of Speech
- Expressive language – use of language
- Story-telling and Story-writing
- Receptive language – understanding of language
- Comprehension and memory strategies
- Listening and following directions
- Phonemic /Phonological Awareness – early reading and writing skills
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Lidcombe Treatment
- Fluency Skills Treatment
- Social Skills
At Blue Heron Speech, we have experience using and developing materials and visuals to help children communicate and understand language better, to help children with complex needs excel in a complex world.
Many extended benefit plans provide some funding for a Speech-Language Pathologist. Receipts are provided to clients, who are encouraged to submit them for any potential third-party reimbursement, if applicable. A physician’s referral may be required to claim these expenses.
All fees are set as recommended by the Alberta Speech Lanuage Association of Private Practitioners (ASAPP). Please email us for more information on fees and services.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org today to line up your initial consultation.